Saturday, March 7, 2015

Kitchen Love

MR has some new projects coming up, so we've spent quite a bit of time looking at design inspiration.  Houzz.com has got to be my favorite little spot on the web at the moment and I never get tired of looking through gorgeous homes.

Houzz was our go to when designing our kitchen. 

Right now I'm especially drawn to contemporary kitchens.  I love the dark countertops and LOVE LOVE LOVE dark grout behind white subway tile.  (I wish it's what we would have done in our kitchen!)

Here's what I've recently pegged to my Houzz boards.




How amazing is the huge window off of the nook in the first & fifth pictures?  I love the floor to ceiling look and I love the dark metal frame.  So so beautiful!

On pictures 2,3,4 I'm drawn to the darker grout.  Scrubbing spaghetti sauce off of white grout isn't nearly as fun as it sounds ;)  seriously.  If there was anything I could change in our kitchen, it would be our grout color.  Hands down!

How about those exposed beams in picture 6??  Such an easy way to add focal interest in any space.

# 7 actually has me convinced I need a dark kitchen... which is so out of character for me!  & I'm in love with the natural wood island

I'm also drawn to the elegant lighting pulled into these contemporary spaces!  My jaw dropped when I saw picture #8

I'm drawn to #9 because of those cabinets.  If I thought I could keep the interior of my cabinets in a presentable state, I'd be all over this!

Which kitchen is your fav?

No comments :

Post a Comment