Thursday, April 23, 2015

Kitchen Nook Inspiration

anthropologie table runner sold out.  similar here//here

I'm going to start off my saying, this has been the most difficult space to decorate in our entire house.   The simplest way to describe it is uninviting.  We (and our guests) tend to avoid this little space of our home, which is absolutely ridiculous considering the whole point of having a nook is to create a cozy inviting place to eat or converse.  Over the last month I've made it my mission to complete this space and make it the cozy little nook we envisioned while building the house!


Not too long ago we stopped in at a custom upholstery shop and walked out as quickly as we had in once we learned how much it would be to have a bench cushion made.  After eyeing some ready made bench cushions my plan is to order a few and line them up along the bench.  I have to say though, I'm most excited about picking out some fun pillows to spice this space up! 

After scoping out Pinterest (if you don't already, feel free to follow me along here), I found these spaces to be most inspirational.





I love that all of these spaces used pillows instead of a back bench cushion and I love how simple they all are.  It makes decorating seem so much simpler than I had built it up to be in my mind ;) I mean really it's just a few complimentary pillows and the space is good to go!

No comments :

Post a Comment