Friday, July 26, 2013

Pregnancy Updates For Our Little Jellybean Prior to JumpingBean and JellyBean



20 Weeks & Name Talk!
How far along? 20 weeks! 
Total weight gain: 7 - 8 lbs.  
Maternity clothes? No way Jose.
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: Having some crazy insomnia.  Thank God for Netflix instastream! 
Best moment this week:  Seeing YOU, little Jellybean!  It's so reassuring to know everything is going well and that you're developing properly :)
Miss Anything? Being able to get through a whole meal without nausea setting in.  And I definitely miss being headache free.  So OVER these headaches.
Movement: You, little lady, are making your presence known!  You're going to have no problem keeping up with your big brother!
Food cravings: LEMON... which kind of stinks because I can't get enough lemonade and it's causing some crazy indigestion.  I'm also craving Starbucks.  You can imagine how much your dad appreciates my constant $6 coffee cravings ;)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing consistent... I was really excited about a veggie burrito the other day, ate 1/3 & then had to throw the rest away because it turned gross.
Gender: Little Lady
Labor Signs: No.
Symptoms: Headaches. Luckily they aren't happening as often as they were, but they're still lingering which stinks.  Insomnia & random bouts of nausea. 
Belly Button in or out? Out
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Definitely having some mood swings... And I get especially moody if hunger hits and food isn't within my immediate reach haha  Headaches make me pretty moody too, poor Michael
Looking forward to: There's so much to look forward to over the next few months, I can't help but feel blessed :) Can't wait to start picking out furniture, especially for your room little Jellybean! 

I have to thank everyone for your kind words regarding names on IG!  It's so hard to choose the perfect name and it makes it even harder when people feel the need to critique the names you're considering!  Thankfully, Michael & I's families are both very supportive of whatever we choose :)  Right now I've got 3 names in consideration, all of which I think are fitting for our little Jellybean!  Since I have decided to share, all I ask is that everyone be respectful & keep in mind that this is our babies name, not yours, so no need to tell us you knew a 'so & so' who used to eat boogers ;)  

Tallulah Elizabeth Alpert 
I've gotten a lot of heat for this name, but I absolutely love it!  I think it's so beautiful :)  And I can totally picture a little Lulu running abound our house!

Penelope Elizabeth Alpert 
Adore this name!  Michael doesn't think it has a ring to it, but if we did choose this name, I would be sure to nickname her Poppy :)

Ellia Elizabeth Alpert 
This is the only name Michael and I have 100% agreed on!  Beautiful, feminine, and Michael appreciates that it derives from the Hebrew name Elia. 

We've chosen Elizabeth as her middle name because it's a prominent family name as well as my middle name :)

So there ya go, a little look into Lemons potential names! 




18 Weeks 
It's official, we're feeling some movements from our Little Lemon!  She's proving she'll have no problem keeping up with her older brother with each little karate kick ;)  And as you all know, our little miss finally has a nickname!  Lemon and because of that, I've also been calling her Lulu... You know, it's only fitting ;) (could this possibly a sign that I need some new Lulu Lemon leggings? I think so.)
How far along? 18 weeks!  Almost halfway there!
Total weight gain: 6ish lbs
Maternity clothes? No way Jose.
Stretch marks? None
Sleep: Sleep?  What sleep?
Best moment this week:  Opening up my etsy shop was surely a highlight :) and going shopping at the outlets for Lulu was surely a highlight as well! 
Miss Anything? Sleep & wishing these headaches would STOP.
Movement: Yes!  Not feeling a ton, but a kick here and there :) 
Food cravings: LEMON, watermelon, and loving strawberry lemonade gatorade :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nothing really.
Gender: GIRL :)  Can't wait to have this reconfirmed at our 20 week appointment.  While I know the blood test is 99% accurate, I was just so positive we were having a boy that I won't believe it 100% until I see it on the ultra sound screen ;)
Labor Signs: No.
Symptoms: Headaches.  Dr. sent us to the ER last weekend to make sure all was okay since my headaches have been so painful and so ongoing.  Conclusion is that they're hormone related (thankfully nothing serious) and I was prescribed Tylenol #3.  I HATE taking any kind of medication during pregnancy so it's been a real battle going back and forth on whether or not to take medication.  If I don't take it, I'm miserable and I'm sure also miserable to be around, if I do take it I can actually function and get my day to day tasks completed all whilst being the mom that I strive to be.  Did anyone else go through this?  And did anyone else get prescribed the same thing?  I would love to try some natural alternatives.  I'm willing to try anything, especially anything I can take guilt free. (and please, no unkind comments.  Every pregnancy is different and we all have the best interest of our children in mind.)
Belly Button in or out? In/Out
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Headaches definitely making me moody.
Looking forward to: Seeing Lulu in 2 weeks!  Oh, and my birthday :) 


15 weeks!

Not going to lie, I'm starting to freak out about having 2 kids under the age of 2.  Beckett has become so active in the last month it's all I can do to keep up with him!  

How far along? 15 weeks!
Total weight gain: Stepped on the scale yesterday... I've gained 5 lbs. in 1 month... maybe time to lay off the donuts?
Maternity clothes? I hate maternity clothes.  I'll be avoiding them as long as possible
Stretch marks? Hoping not to get any!
Sleep: Sleeping like crap.  I blame allergies.
Best moment this week: I would say the best moment of the last few weeks was finding out we're expecting a baby girl!  And just continues my bad streak of gender guessing.  It doesn't matter who you are, if I guess the gender, it's bound to be the opposite ;)  Father's day was also a lot of fun! 


Miss Anything? Wine, I was seriously jealous of everyone enjoying a glass last night at dinner! Movement: I've felt a few flutters!  I'm not sure if it's baby or not though, pretty sure I didn't feel movement with B until I was around 20 weeks! 
Food cravings: Lemon. And donuts, yum.  And I'm not sure what wrong with me, but I've been craving arugula salad.  Seriously?  Who craves salad?
Anything making you queasy or sick: Still randomly getting nauseous, but it normally hits after I've taken my pre-natals. And I'm back to hating meat for the most part.  I think it's safe to say I become a vegetarian when pregnant   
Gender: GIRL :)  I'm pretty sure we have a name!  & I think we might be sharing before the baby is born this time!  We just ask that if you don't like whatever we choose, you keep it to yourself ;)
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Totally bloated.  
Belly Button in or out? It's like half half, it never went back to normal last time so I'm sure it'll pop out earlier this pregnancy.
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Both!  Definitely have been moodier this time around though.  Sure Michael would attest to that as well ;)
Looking forward to:Our appointment this Friday!  Can't wait to hear baby's heartbeat :)
12 week bump
How far along? 12-13 weeks
Total weight gain: 2.2 lbs... Which actually shocks me but also makes me super happy ha guess my daily donut run hasn't caught up with me yet ;)
Maternity clothes? Nope... And crazily enough, I'm still fitting into most of my shorts.  Yay!
Stretch marks? Hoping not to get any!
Sleep: It depends on the night!  Some nights I sleep amazing and others I'm up all night nauseous.  But you won't hear me complain.  If I'm going to have nausea, I'd rather have it at night when I can lay in bed than during the day when I'm chasing a toddler around :) 
Best moment this week: Taking B to the pool :)  I need to get some new swim suits... I'm busting out of my tops.
Miss Anything? Not really.  
Movement: Can't image we will be feeling this for quite a while.
Food cravings: LEMON EVERYTHING.  Especially Lemon popsicles.  And it's gotta be real lemon, none of that artificially flavored crap.  Yes, there's a difference.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: Meat.  Pretty sure the same as last time.
Gender: Definitely thinking boy :)  
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Besides my night time nausea I really don't have any symptoms.  I was just telling my BFF Paige that the only part of me that feels pregnant is my boobs haha
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most of time :)
Looking forward to: Finding out the gender sometime in the next 2 weeks!! :)

How far along? 10 weeks

Total weight gain: None, but I swear I'm already showing, wtf?
Maternity clothes? Ha
Stretch marks? Hoping not to get any!
Sleep: Sleeping pretty well!  Having some crazy dreams though.  Last night it was that we were having triplets, WHOA. 
Best moment this week: Figuring out that if I take my prenatals at night, I don't feel like death all day. I've actually been able to function these last few days! 
Miss Anything? Not really.  Just over the nausea, but like I said, taking my prenatals at night has helped a ton!
Movement: Can't image we will be feeling this for quite a while.
Food cravings: Cake donuts (which will be what makes me gain my first pound haha)  And fruit... and lemon popsicles. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Most things don't sound good food wise.  As long as what I'm eating is pretty simple and plain, my tum is happy.
Gender: Definitely thinking boy :)  
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Nausea, exhaustion... That's about it!
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy most of time :)
Looking forward to: Beckett's first birthday in less than a week!  And our ultra sound in a week & a half :)  Can't wait to see our sweet little! 

8 Weeks:

How far along? 8 Weeks!   
Total weight gain: None
Maternity clothes? Again, how in the hell is my stomach totally popped out if I haven't gained any weight?  haha  looks like I need to get my rear in gear & start doing some prego workouts!
Stretch marks? Hoping not to get any!
Sleep: Sleeping like shit.  Beckett must be getting ready to pop another tooth because he got up in the middle of the night last night and was ready to party. 
Best moment this week: Getting settled into my in laws and this amazing weather!  So disappointed it's supposed to snow Wednesday. 
Miss Anything? Margarita's.  I've been craving a beergarita like a mother trucker.  I downed like 3 virgins when we went out to dinner this weekend.
Movement: Nothing besides a grumbly tummy.
Food cravings: Jalepeno's with cream cheese & anything else spicy.  And I'm back on my frozen yogurt kick.  Tart yogurt and strawberries, YUM 
Anything making you queasy or sick: It's totally random.  Some foods make me nauseous some days and not others and my 'morning' sickness makes an appearance whenever the hell it wants to.  
Gender Prediction: Well, I thought I thought we were having a girl until I went to a diaper expo with my friend Paige.  In my gift bag I got a pink Boppy cover and said, "damn!  We aren't even going to be able to use this!"  Her response, "oh, so you think you're having another boy?" :)  So there ya have it!
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Nausea & exhaustion   
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy, but also moody.  Sometimes I just want to punch my husband.  I'm pretty sure just about everyone wants to at some point while they're pregnant? Hope I'm not alone on this haha 
Looking forward to: Our ultra sound Wednesday! 

6 Weeks:

How far along? 6 Weeks!  I'm not really sure what my due date is yet, but the bump is labeling it December 7th... So these posts might not exactly line up with what I really am lol 
Total weight gain: None
Maternity clothes? I swear I'm going to have to pull them out soon.  Haven't gained a single pound, but my stomach is definitely grown since I first found out.  
Stretch marks? Hoping not to get any!
Sleep: B didn't wake up at all last night, so I slept like a baby.
Best moment this week: Having Beckett's 1 year pictures taken, I am so excited to share them!  
Miss Anything? Not feeling like a cow HA how can I only be 6 weeks in and feel like a whale?
Movement: Nothing besides a grumbly tummy
Food cravings: Jalepeno's.  Anything spicy.  And I swear my sweet tooth has gone from moderate to extreme. 
Anything making you queasy or sick: I feel like my nausea gets a little worse each day.  I pretty much get nauseous if I don't eat and I get nauseous after everything I do eat.  
Gender: No idea :)
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Nausea, exhaustion, & I feel so bloated.  
Belly Button in or out? In
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: So excited!  It's killing me that we can't tell anyone yet!  Although, I know our families are wondering.  I never turn down a glass a wine when we go out or to their homes for dinner.
Looking forward to: Telling everyone!  Only 2 weeks to go!  We thought about waiting until 12 to share the news, but we want to be able to share the excitement with everyone we love.  If anything happened we would be devastated whether or not anyone knew, so why not? :)

4 Weeks!

bye bye flat belly!

How far along? 4 Weeks :)  Doctor confirmed our pregnancy yesterday!

Total weight gain: None
Maternity clothes? Ha
Stretch marks? Hoping not to get any!
Sleep: Definitely not sleeping well!  Michael's not either... probably because we're so excited :)
Best moment this week: OBGYN confirming our pregnancy!  And knowing our due date in going to be in December aka one of the best months of the year!
Miss Anything? Wine.  And I'm totally bummed I'm not going to be pounding beergarita's at Beckett's first birthday haha 
Movement: Can't image we will be feeling this for quite a while.
Food cravings: No cravings yet
Anything making you queasy or sick: Prenatal vitamins.  I had no nausea and now that I'm taking my prenatal just about everything that isn't plain makes me nauseas 
Gender: No idea :)
Labor Signs: No
Symptoms: Nausea & I'm feeling way bloated... which I don't remember feeling with Beckett.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy & very excited for baby #2
Looking forward to: Telling all our family & friends about our pregnancy!  



Beckett Is Going To Be A Big Brother!
Photo by Lora Swinson of Swinson Studios
www.swinsonstudios.com
Yes, we are pregnant.  & yes, this is what my day looks like :)
We were waaaay too excited to wait to tell everyone.  Our original plan was to announce our pregnancy in 2 weeks after our first ultra sound, but last night we got to talking.  The whole point of the ultra sound is to make sure baby is growing at the rate he/she should be and that all is well.  If anything unplanned were to happen, we would be devastated whether or not our friends and family knew of our pregnancy, so why not share the excitement?
Plus, people were bound to find out because I NEVER turn down a glass of wine ;)

And I leave you with this, Beckett's reaction to my holding a newborn.
LOL
Praying this is not a preview of what's to come! :)


1 comment :

  1. Ahh, love all 3 names, I had Penelope on mine too, but hubs was not going for it. I am partial to Ellia though, duh. You're such an adorable preggo!

    ReplyDelete